March 30th, 2017 | Posted by Marcia Simon
Golfers Get Ready With Pilates
Beginning April 17, Fitness on the Water at Water’s Edge is presenting a 4-week, 8-session, series of Pilates classes specifically designed to prevent injury and strengthen the muscles golfers use most.
The golf swing is a complex, coordinated movement pattern that requires a delicate balance of control, concentration and freedom of movement. Common golf injuries impact the lower back, elbows, shoulders, hands and wrists.
This 4-week intensive program, led by certified Pilates instructor Jenn Konin, is designed to help golfers improve their game. Gain strength and flexibility to correct asymmetries, improve mental focus, rotation, hip stability and more.
Pilates for Golf is designed to
- Strengthen back muscles evenly for a smooth, powerful swing
- Increase shoulder range of motion to improve backswing and follow-through
- Increase hip and torso strength and flexibility for greater distance and power
- Increase overall flexibility, strength, balance and timing
- Enhance concentration through focused breathing
- Decrease fatigue
- Enhance enjoyment of golf with pain-free play
Prior Pilates experience is not required. All levels welcome. Space is limited. Reserve a spot by calling 860-391-8735 or email email@example.com. $139 includes 8 sessions, Mondays and Thursdays, 7 – 8 pm, April 17 – May 11, 2017. Fitness on the Water, 1587 Boston Post Road in Westbrook, is affiliated with Essex Wellness Center, focused on a holistic approach to mind/body wellness.